Douglas County’s Household Chemical Roundup is on Aug. 12 from 9 a.m to 3 p.m. at Shea Stadium, 3270 Redstone Park Circle, Highlands Ranch.
Proof of residency in Douglas County is required to participate. Residents will be asked to donate $25 per vehicle to dispose of waste properly.
Items that are accepted are:
• House, garden and pool chemicals
• Paint and paint products
• Automotive fluids, fuels, propane tanks (1-20 lbs.)
• Vehicle and household batteries
• Items containing mercury
• Fluorescent light bulbs
• Passenger vehicle and pickup truck tires (remove from rim)
Items that are not accepted are:
• Business and commercial waste
• Radioactive waste
• Electronic waste
• Explosive waste
• Smoke detectors
• Waste containing asbestos
• Tractor tires
• Scrap metal
These events are sponsored by the Highlands Ranch Metro District and Centennial Water & Sanitation District. Tri-County Health Department organizes these events to help dispose of chemical waste properly, prevent pollution and protect the people who handle your trash.
For more information, visit www.tchd.org/hcroundup.