Highlands Ranch • Three doubles teams and No. 1 singles players Andrew Seehausen qualified for the Oct. 11-13 state tennis tournaments, which will be held at the Gate Tennis Center in Denver. No. 2 …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Three doubles teams and No. 1 singles players Andrew Seehausen qualified for the Oct. 11-13 state tennis tournaments, which will be held at the Gate Tennis Center in Denver. No. 2 doubles team of Stathi Maniatis and Jack Eber won the Region 8 qualifying tourney championship Oct. 3-4 at City Park.
• The boys soccer team ended a three-game losing streak with a 2-1 victory over Chaparral on Oct. 2. Senior Mason Newman got the game-winning goal and Kris Davis also scored. Brian Lutz assisted on both goals.
• The boys soccer team, 3-0-2 in its last five games, downed Legend 1-0 in overtime on Oct. 4. Corbin Gamble and Thomas Lines scored the goals. Ben Nalen and Kyle Hix combined to record the shutout with eight saves between them. On Oct. 2, the team tied Rock Canyon, 1-1, and Gino Buti scored the goal for the Golden Eagles.
• The volleyball team notched its third straight win on Oct. 2 with a 3-1 victory over Castle View. Junior Claire Wohlleber had 14 kills and four blocks to lead the team while Aly Aeschleman had 20 digs and Hannah Holmgren 26 assists. Because of fall break, the team doesn't play again until Oct. 16 against Legend.
• Senior Kagan Giltinan was a standout in two games as he scored the goal in a 1-1 tie against Mountain Vista on Oct. 4. He scored twice and had an assist for five points in a 6-0 win over Ponderosa on Oct. 4. Bruno Zdravecky also had a pair of goals against Ponderosa.
• The softball team ended the regular season with a 10-3 victory over Mountain Vista. Junior Megan Seltzer went 2-for-3 with three RBIs in the win.
• The tennis team qualified three doubles teams and two singles players for the Oct. 11-13 Class 5A State Tennis tournament which will be held at the Gates Tennis Center in Denver. The No. 4 doubles team of Carter Olson and Robert Pearson won the Region 6 title in the qualifying tourney, which was held Oct. 3-4 at Valor Christian.
• Owen Nolan was second in the 3A Metro League cross country meet held Oct. 4. He had a time of 16:33.00. Teammate Cooper Phelps was 17th. Freshman Elsie Skurdal was sixth in the varsity girls race in 20:12.00 and Abigail Skurdal came in eighth as the girls finished second in the team standings.
• Connor Finley netted the game-winning goal in the second overtime to give the boys soccer team a 2-1 win over Manual on Oct. 2. Sabastian Negron had the other goal and Karl Gjerapic assisted on both goals.
• Freshman Emily Katzer had 21 kills in the volleyball team's 3-2 win over Peak to Peak on Oct. 2. The next match is set for Oct. 16 against top-ranked Lutheran.
• The football team scored all of its points in the first half in an 18-13 win over Highlands Ranch on Oct. 5. Spencer Lambert rushed for 205 yards on 24 carries and scored one touchdown. Quarterback Ryan Gilmore ran for the team's other two touchdowns. Kaden Stewart led the defense with 11 total tackles and had two of the six sacks recorded by the Grizzlies.
• The boys soccer team posted a 2-2 tie with Ponderosa on Oct. 2. Jaden Snell and Payton Rempert scored the goals for the Grizzlies, who will face Regis Jesuit in their next game on Oct. 16.
• Sophomore Courtney McAllister had two hits as the softball team wrapped up the regular season Oct. 5 with a 7-1 triumph over Castle View. The team heads into the state playoffs with 17 wins, which ties the amount of wins last season. One more win will be the most in 10 seasons.
• The boys tennis team will have all 11 players competing Oct. 11-13 in the Class 5A State Tennis Tournament at the Gates Tennis Center. Nine of the 11 players won Region 6 champions at the Oct. 3-4 qualifying tournament hosted by the Eagles.
• The undefeated football team scored all of its points in the first half in a 42-0 win over Rock Canyon on Oct. 5.
• The volleyball team is also unbeaten and downed Rangeview 3-0 on Oct. 4 as the team had a kill percentage of 47.1, with Lily Thomason leading the attacks with nine kills.
• The softball team ended the regular season with 12 wins after victories over Dakota Ridge on Oct. 2 and Prairie View on Oct. 4 and an 11-5 loss to Columbine on Oct. 6. Hannah Hollander was 3-for-4 with an RBI and Katie Meredith went 2-for-4 with three RBIs in the loss. Savannah Behabetz wrapped up the regular season with a team-leading .466 batting average.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.