For the next 30 days, we’re providing free access to non-subscribers so you can see what we have to offer. And if you subscribe by May 1, you’ll get a 25% discount on your subscription!
We hope you’ll like what you see and want to support local media.
Click here to start a new subscription
• The baseball team scored six runs in the bottom of the seventh on March 29 to beat Pueblo West, 10-9 , on Jordan Tyler’s walk-off triple.
• Junior TK Hammond leads the boys lacrosse team with 16 goals. The Falcons launch play in the Douglas County Lacrosse League on April 6 against Rock Canyon.
• Distance runner Shayan Zarrin announced on Twitter he has committed to continuing his academic and athletic career at Oklahoma State University.
• Senior Sam Ireland hurled a five-inning, no-hitter in the baseball team’s 13-0 win over Grand Junction on March 31. He struck out six batters and walked two in the shutout.
• The girls track team won the Mickey Dunn Invitational in Grand Junction on March 31. In the individual events, sophomore Kara Lucyk won the 300-meter hurdles in 45.98 seconds and the long jump at 17 feet. Sydney Trichler was first in the triple jump at 34-08.75 and Jenna Fitzsimmons won the 1,600-meter race with a time of 5:11.02. In the boys competition, Carter Dillon, who has committed to run at Duke, crossed the finish line first in the 800 meters with a time of 1:56.40 and Zarrin captured the 3,200 in 9:51.14.
• Tanner Riker, Emily Sloan and Devin Cadena were double individual winners at the ThunderRidge Showcase track meet on March 31. Riker won the girls 200 and 400 meter dashes with times of 25.55 and 58.70, respectively. Sloan won the girls 100-meter hurdles in 13.81 and the 300 hurdles in 44.42. Riley Masten won the girls high jump (5-4.50) and AJ Bishop was first in the boys 1,600 with a time of 4:31.84.
• Jamie Tatum scored a first-half goal, which held up as the girls soccer team defeated Mountain Vista, 1-0, in a Continental League showdown March 30 between teams ranked in the top 10 of the CHSAANow.com poll.
• The girls soccer team takes on Front Range Christian on April 5 and will try to stretch its winning streak over the Falcons to three in a row. The Hawks have notched 3-0 and 3-1 wins the past two seasons. Maddy Etten is tied for second in the 3A Region 6 statistics with four goals.
• The baseball team plays at Elliott on April 7 and will be out for another win over the Thunderhawks. SVA won last year’s game, 21-1.
• Four girls on the track team have notched personal bests this season. Hannah Wolfmueller in the 100 and 200 meters, with times of 15.17 and 31.34, and Hannah Anderson in the 400 meters with a 1:10.06 effort. Payton Grove in the 800 meters set a personal record of 2:34.43 and Abigail Skurdal’s 5:49.17 in the 1,600 race was a personal best.
• To honor Principal Chris Tabeling, who passed away from cancer, a Tabeling scholarship fund is being set up for his daughters Caitlyn and Jayna and for a deserving ThunderRidge senior to be determined later.
• Ethan Fraser picked up two saves in the three wins for the baseball team in the Anaheim Lions’ spring break tournament in California, where the Grizzlies compiled a 3-1 record. Infielders Jake Haze and Luke Polson turned in seven double plays during the tournament and TJ White led the team with five runs batted in during the four games.
• Anna Hall is tied for the second best girls high jump, at 5 feet 10 inches, according to MaxPrep national rankings. She ranks eighth nationally in the 300-meter hurdles with a time of 42.93. At the Lyons Invitational on March 31, Lizzie Waters won the girls 300-meter hurdles in 45.32 and Destiny Grimes captured the 100 hurdles in 15.43. Kaden Keefe won the boys long jump with a 21-02.00 leap.
• Sophomore Copper Rich scored five goals when the boys lacrosse team earned a 16-9 win over Plant (Tampa, Florida) at the IMG Academy in Florida in the finale of a two-game road trip. After a contest against Cheyenne Mountain, the Eagles play Englewood on April 6.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.