For the next 30 days, we’re providing free access to non-subscribers so you can see what we have to offer. And if you subscribe by May 1, you’ll get a 25% discount on your subscription!
We hope you’ll like what you see and want to support local media.
Click here to start a new subscription
• The boys lacrosse team, led by TK Hammond with 16 goals and 20 points, has a non-league game on April 14 against Rockhurst of Kansas City.
• The baseball team will be seeking some revenge when the Falcons play ThunderRidge on April 13. The team has lost the past five games against the Grizzlies.
• The girls soccer team shut out its past two opponents and plays Castle View on April 12. It has lost the past three game against the Sabercats.
• Defending state champion Drake Nugent won the shot put on April 7 at the Legend Titan Track Clash with a throw of 54-05.50
• The baseball team, ranked first in the CHSAANow.com Class 5A rankings, is dominating Continental League statistics and leads the lead in six different team categories. Third baseman/pitcher Sam Ireland is tied for the league lead with 17 runs batted in and he also had four pitching victories.
• The boys lacrosse team, ranked No. 6, faces ninth-ranked Chaparral in a top-10 showdown on April 13. The Golden Eagles have gone 8-1 against the Grizzlies in games played since 2009.
• Members of the track team traveled to California to compete in the Arcadia Invite and several made a strong impression. Senior Emily Sloan won the 100-meter hurdles. She was second in the 300 hurdles in 42.25. Riley Masten was ninth in the high jump at 5-4. Easton Allred was third in the 3,200 with a personal best of 9:08.34, and Chris Theodore was ninth in the mile with a 4:26.19 clocking.
• The baseball team faces top-ranked Mountain Vista on April 13 and only five runs have decided the past three games between the teams. Rock Canyon has won two of those three contests.
• Senior Chris Wilhoite became the first athlete to break two minutes in the 800 meters with a 1:59.74 at the Mullen Invitational on April 7. Senior Jordan Wilson ran at 2:00.88. Senior Jimmy Scavuzzo had a personal best 4:32.23 in the 1,600-meter run.
• The girls soccer team, led by sophomore Maddy Etten, won straight games. Etten scored twice in a 4-1 win over Prospect Ridge on April 3. She had three goals in a 6-0 shutout of Front Range Christian on April 5.
• The baseball team lost 5-2 to Ellicot on April 7, but pitchers Christian Lopez and Trystam Turecek allowed just five hits, no earned runs and fanned 14 batters in the setback.
• The girls lacrosse team has scored 104 goals so far this season in six games. Logan Derosia leads the Continental League with 23 goals and the Grizzlies face Regis Jesuit in an April 12 contest.
• The baseball team outscored the opposition 22-3 in two games since returning from a spring trip to Arizona and face Highlands Ranch in a Continental League game on April 13. The Grizzlies have yet to hit a home run this season but are led in hitting by designated hitter Ethan Fraser with a .529 batting average.
• The girls golf team won the Jeffco 4A tournament April 4 at the Broadlands Golf Club with an 11-shot margin over second-place Golden. Sam Schoenborn led the Eagles with an 82.
• The baseball team has an April 14 game scheduled against Green Mountain and it’s been seven seasons since the Eagles have lost to the Rams. Valor is 5-1 against Green Mountain with their only loss coming on April 20, 2011.
• Junior Anna Hall had a banner day at the Mullen Invitational track meet on April 7, capturing the 100 hurdles in 14.52 and the 300 hurdles in an 4A all-time record of 42.03. Sophomore Cole Sprout was also a standout, capturing the 800 meters in 1:57.28 and edging MountainVista’s Carter Dillon in the 1,600 meters with a time of 4:12.75. Sprout’s time in the 1,600 was a meet record.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.