• The boys and girls teams each won the sweepstakes division at the Sept. 8 Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational. Senior Brody Dempsey led the Golden Eagles boys with a sixth-place finish with a time of 15:44.70. Junior Jenna Fitzsimmons, the defending Class 5A state champion, won the girls sweepstakes race with a time of 17:29.10. Madison Reed was fifth, Caroline Eck sixth and Sarah O’Sullivan seventh as the Golden Eagles finished with a 59-point advantage over second-place Cherokee Trail.
• The football team is 0-3 which is the worst start in at least 15 seasons for the Golden Eagles. Vista will be seeking its first win of the campaign on Sept. 13 with a game against Rocky Mountain in Fort Collins.
• Senior Annie Rourke went 3-for-3 with three runs batted in during a 6-5 softball win over Columbine on Sept. 8.
• The football team edged Regis Jesuit 20-17 on Sept. 7 to give coach John Trahan his first win as Falcons coach. Highlands Ranch will play Columbine Sept. 14 at Shea Stadium.
• Senior Kris Davis, senior Brian Lutz and sophomore Zion Alabi scored goals in the boys soccer team’s 3-1 victory over Ponderosa on Sept. 4.
• The volleyball team, losers of four of its last five matches, faces Regis Jesuit Sept. 13 after an early week game against Douglas County.
• The softball team improved its record to 8-2 with a 9-2 victory over Ralston Valley on Sept. 7. Junior Megan Seltzer went 3-for-4 with a home run and two runs batted in for the Jaguars. Sophomore Anna Reimers had two hits, including a homer with four RBIs and sophomore Katie Dack-Howell also had two hits, a HR and two RBIs.
• Junior Derek Fearon was fifth with a time of 15:36.00 in the boys sweepstakes division at the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational held Sept. 8 at Heritage High School.
• Finn Olson had a 76 and Blake Sullivan a 77 during the Continental League golf tournament Sept. 5 at Plum Creek golf course.
• Junior Sophia Sobota led the way with 13 kills in the volleyball team’s 3-1 win over Broomfield on Sept. 6.
• Freshman Elsie Skurdal was third and her junior sister Abigail fourth in the girls Division 3 race on Sept. 8 at the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational. Elsie had a time of 19:48.80 and Abigail was clocked in 20:01.40. Freshman Owen Nolan was the runner-up in the boys Division 3 race in 16:33.60.
• The boys soccer team collected its first win of the season with a 7-0 triumph over Englewood on Sept. 6. Five different players scored for the team.
• The football team won its third straight game with a 28-24 win on Sept. 7 against Fairview, which was ranked sixth in the CHSAANow.com poll. The three wins match the victory total of last season. ThunderRidge will play Horizon on Sept. 13 at Shea Stadium.
• The softball team saw its three-game winning streak snapped Sept. 8 with back-to-back losses to Cherry Creek and Columbine in the Dave Sanders Invitational tournament at Aurora Sports Park. Senior Bridgette Strobl leads the team with a .541 average with 21 runs batted in and four home runs.
• Sophomore Eli Miller led the football team, second ranked in the CHSAANow.com poll, with nine tackles and his ninth was the biggest as he ran down Pomona quarterback Colton Muller inside the 10-yard line to on the final play of the game to preserve a 14-6 victory over third-ranked Pomona in a Sept. 7 defensive showdown. Senior quarterback Luke McCaffrey threw two touchdown passes to provide the offensive punch in the victory for the undefeated team that will host Class 4A top-ranked Pine Creek on Sept. 14.
• Junior Cole Sprout was the winner in the boys Division 1 race at the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational with a time of 15:33.60.
• The volleyball team has not lost a set in five wins prior to a Sept. 13 match against Legend. Senior Courtney Lane leads the team with 63 kills, junior Anna Davis has a team-high 16 blocks and Caroline Reinkensmeyer tops the team with 101 assists.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.