Ballots for the Nov. 5 election will soon be mailed out. Douglas County residents who plan to vote need to make sure they're registered and ready.
Registered voters in Douglas County can expect their ballots to arrive in the mail by mid-October. Residents who have not received a ballot by then are asked to call the Douglas County elections staff at 303-660-7444 or stop by a voter service and polling center for help.
Once ballots are complete, voters may drop them off at a ballot dropoff site starting Oct. 15, or mail them back. Douglas County has 11 ballot dropoff sites, 10 of which are open 24 hours. Those who wish to vote in person can stop by one of the voter service and polling centers. These centers are open beginning Oct. 28.
Ballots must be received by 7 p.m. Election Day. Voters who are in line at a designated dropoff site or polling center will be allowed to turn in their ballots. However, a postmark of Nov. 5 is not valid as the received date, so mail ballots early to ensure they are received by Election Day.
To receive a ballot, residents must be registered to vote. In addition, those who have moved since they last voted should check their address since ballots are mailed to the address on file. Residents are able to register to vote, check voter registration status, update their mailing address or affiliate with a party at DouglasVotes.com.
Voters who have questions can call or stop by the Douglas County Elections Office, 125 Stephanie Place, Castle Rock, any weekday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Douglas County Voter Service and Polling Centers also will be open to provide assistance starting Oct. 28. Polling centers will be equiped to help residents register to vote, update their voter registration, replace a ballot, vote in person, drop off a ballot and used an ADA accessible voting machine.
In addition to being open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day, these centers will be open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., through Nov. 4. Saturday hours are offered Nov. 3, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All information about the election, including important dates and deadlines, as well as maps to polling and ballot dropoff sites, can be found at DouglasVotes.com
Douglas County Voter Service and Polling Centers
• CSU Extension Office, 410 Fairgrounds Road, Castle Rock
• Highlands Ranch Sheriff's Substation, 9250 Zotos Drive, Highlands Ranch
• Lone Tree Motor Vehicle, Park Meadows, 9350 Heritage Hills Circle, Lone Tree
• Parker Town Hall, 20120 E. Mainstreet, Parker
Ballot Dropoff Locations
• Castle Pines Library, 360 Village Square Lane, Castle Pines
• Douglas County Elections Office, 125 Stephanie Place, Castle Rock
• Douglas County Office, Philip S. Miller Buildling, 100 Third St., Castle Rock (walk-up location)
• Douglas County Events Center, 500 Fairgrounds Road, Castle Rock (walk-up location)
• Highlands Ranch Motor Vehicle office, 2223 W. Wildcat Reserve Parkway, Highlands Ranch
• Larkspur Town Hall, 8720 Spruce Mountain Road, Larkspur
• Lone Tree Motor Vehicle office, Park Meadows Center, 9350 Heritage Hills Circle, Lone Tree
• Parker Police Department, 18600 Lincoln Meadows Parkway, Parker
• Roxborough Library, 8357 N. Rampart Range Road, Suite 200, (this site is open only during regular business hours from Oct. 15 to Nov. 4 and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Election Day, Nov. 5). (walk-up location)
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.