The South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce is hosting its annual Shark Tank event April 30 at the Lone Tree Arts Center. The event goes from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. and will feature six nonprofit organizations. Each organization will give a pitch as part of a competition. All six will receive funding for their organization based on donations from audience members and "sharks."
The presenting nonprofits have already been chosen for this year. The competition will include the following organizations:
• Courageous Faces Foundation: The foundation brings awareness to the public about seeing everyone as a person first and to celebrate their gifts. The foundation encourages people to treat those with intellectual or physical disabilities the same as those without. (www.courageousfacesfoundation.org).
• Friends First: An organization serving students, parents and communities by educating and mentoring teens to make positive life choices and develop healthy relationships. (www.friendsfirst.org).
• Home Builders Foundation: The foundation bring volunteers and collaborative partners together to create home modifications to provide greater access, reinforce safety and equip people with disabilities with the ability to tackle everday tasks. (hbfdenver.org).
• ShesCHERIshed: A place of refuge and a safe haven for women to rest, heal and grow. The organization encourages women to establish spiritual, mental and physical strength, and to become devoted followers of Christ. (www.shescherished.org).
• Warrior Bonfire Program: An organization created for service members who have been wounded in combat. The purpose of its programs are to encourage camaraderie, foster healing and inspire growth toward new passions and purpose post-military service. (www.warriorbonfireprogram.org).
• Zane Beadles Parade Foundation: The foundation supports the journey of young people going through life-threatening medical experiences. Founded by former Denver Bronco Zane Beadles, the foundation seeks to shield families while they tackle the road to recovery.
Applications are still open for the “sharks” — the business people, companies and philanthropists involved. The "sharks" and audience members will award donations to the organizations of their choosing. Anyone can sign up until the event.
This is the fourth year the chamber will host this event.
Tickets for the event are $40 and can be purchased at www.bestchamber.com. For every ticket purchased, $15 will go toward the nonprofit of the person's choosing.
The Lone Tree Arts Center is located at 10075 Commons St.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.