Teen gets closer to prize on ‘American Ninja Warrior’

Castle Rock's Kaden Lebsack teen blazes through obstacles in Las Vegas.

Posted

With a time limit of 2:45 to get through the “American Ninja Warrior” finals obstacle course, Castle Rock’s Kaden Lebsack took it all in stride in the nationally televised show on Aug. 30.

After getting through the Stage One finals in Las Vegas, Lebsack is now headed to the next round in his quest for a possible $1 million grand prize.

Season 13’s Stage One included new challenging obstacles, as well as the added element of Split Decision. It’s a tricky moment where Ninjas have to chase down a moving ring or take a much slower obstacle.

For Lebsack, he chose the slower obstacle, reaching the final rope ladder with ease. Lebsack showed no weakness in the course, managing the spider wall, tires and challenges without hesitation or fatigue.

In zooming through the Stage One course, Lebsack finished in 2:13.95, clocking the second-best time of the night.

Proud mom Brandi Lebsack said it was exciting to see her son shooting through the course.

Lebsack is one of 18 teenagers allowed to compete on the show this year. In the past, teenagers were not allowed to compete on the main stage. Lebsack, 15, has proven that youth and inexperience are secondary to hard work. Lebsack is one of three teenagers to move on to Stage Two, which will air on NBC on Sept. 13.

Lebsack started training for the national stage when he was 10. Last year, Lebsack advanced to the semifinals of the “American Ninja Warrior” junior competition.

This year, in preparing for the national competition, Lebsack said just getting the opportunity to compete is a dream come true.

Comments

Our Papers

Ad blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.

The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.